Renault Scenic 360-degree cameras query re: dash-cam recording

All Renault Scenic Electric related discussions
sandafletcher

Post by sandafletcher »

I know that the UK Scenic model isn't even available yet, but the Megane E-Tech seems to have a similar camera setup, so I wonder if my query here about whether the 360-degree cameras have any sort of recording function is answerable before the Scenic actually arrives? On a test-drive with the top-of-the-range UK Scenic Iconic model last week, we were very impressed with the camera tech - both the built-in rear mirror camera that can swap out the standard reflective mirror that offers a limited view through the slim rear window, with a full unobstructed rear-view in the mirror-screen, and also the camera-assisted parking option that puts an AI-generated birds-eye view of the car-roof on the main screen, showing exactly where you're moving in relation to car-park white lines and neighbouring vehicles. It was like having a drone hovering above the car showing exactly where you are - very impressive! However, our Renault guide wasn't able to explain whether the cameras have any sort of recording function to allow you to replay driving views around you, or whether you'd still require a separate dash-cam to be fitted to get that function. I wonder if anyone out there knows whether this might be possible on the Google Maps assisted setup on these new Renault EVs? Any thoughts gratefully received!